Friday 28 November 2008

Meanwhile....

Whilst i compile my thoughts / photo's etc for the forthcoming gear reviews i'll leave you with some photo's of a wee water i stumbled upon at the very end of the summer, it is one of the prettiest waters in my local area, and pretty much the only one which goes completely unfished.




Unfortunately it is very shallow and my (limited) experience tells me that shallow waters simply dont fish in the colder months, what a pity i found it in september! I cant stop thinking about how awesome it's gonna be!


Anyways, here are a few photo's, chances are you'll want to cast a popper alongside the reeds as much as i do!

2 comments:

All about the grab said...

Yes I have to admit Scott,its looks rather tasty.What a great setting though.A float tube there would be ideal.even a large inner tube would do the trick.looking forward to reading about it in the summer or Spring for that matter.

dry flies and deadbaits said...

A float tube is one of the items on my wishlist, the opportunities they open up look phenomenal!

The lochan is a lot smaller than it looks in the photo's and is stuffed with an unknown variety of species, I know nobody that has ever fished it but when i was there i saw plenty small fish rising and some bigger disturbances which could be carp, maybe even trout.

It has certainly captivated my imagination since i spotted it on the map. Im dreaming of summer evenings with my pike rod and my 3 weight to chase the ineviatble roach / rudd / perch!