Tuesday 11 March 2008

my wrist hurts....

Sore wrists can only be caused by two things; excessive masturbation.... and casting pike flies. Today i went out for a quick pike session at a local quarry, i expected some pre-spawning action as theres a large shallow, weedy section i intended to fish, but after an hour and a half of flogging this bit of water without a take i thought it was time to change.

I headed for another small water close-by, again not a sniff but it was one of those days where success is unimportant, just happy to be out and about, even when the rain came on it didnt bother me. I reckon i need to spend a full day with the pike rod though to get accustomed to casting it properly, i can put out a decent line but not as easily as i would like and that extra bit of distance could be the difference between a blank and a decent day. After my aching wrists abate i reckon im gonna go create some beefy pike flies. good times.

No comments: